Volunteer State Meet and Greet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a ten-hour drive for me, so I have no idea when I'll be there. If I leave around 6pm, that puts me there at 4am plus whatever parking interval I have at one or more rest areas on the way. I don't feel particularly tired, so I'd guess that I'll probably have about four or five hours of parking interval, but I can't say for sure.

(My driving philosophy is "Drive until you're tired; sleep until you wake up. Repeat.")

I'm just wondering how I'll know who we are. (That is, unless everyone looks like their avatars... in which case I'd certainly recognize TM, but I'd probably run screaming from utdivermatt.) I'm instantly recognizable by my little white single-seated Hyundai Tiburon (with CLAYJAR plate)... well, and the long ponytail might be a bit of a giveaway.

Wow Clay, that is a really long drive for you. Hope the diving doesnt disapoint.

I will probably be getting there around 10 too, unless someone else plans to get there earlier (they open at 9 I think?). I will be driving from Knoxville, so I could be a little late if traffic acts up.

As for identifying, I will probably be wearing something orange (because its easy to see... no other purpose, I swear). I will be driving a red Jeep Cherokee with a dive flag plate on front and Tennessee stuff on the back. And Ill be diving a DiveRite bp/w with black RecWing... hopefully thats enough to find me. Mike will undoubtably be in his UVA cap.

utdivermatt:
Wow Clay, that is a really long drive for you. Hope the diving doesnt disapoint.
Hehe, once you've driven to the Arctic Ocean, nothing really seems like a long drive anymore. :D

As for hoping the diving doesn't disappoint, my checklist goes something like this:
  1. Is there water?
  2. Is it at least 3' deep?
  3. Can I see my hand in front of my face?
I've yet to be disappointed when all three were answered in the affirmative, and I've had occasions to waive the third criterion, too. :D

Now, as for the orange... we're not in football season, so I suppose I can overlook it. :wink:

Yup, I'll be in a UVA ballcap, probably white. I bear a striking resemblance to my avatar :11: I'll also be one of the few people out there with doubles, so when in doubt, find someone with doubles and say "Mike." If it's me, I'll turn around. If not, then hopefully that person didn't realize you were talking to them.

Mike

Tanked Monkey:
Yup, I'll be in a UVA ballcap, probably white. I bear a striking resemblance to my avatar :11: I'll also be one of the few people out there with doubles, so when in doubt, find someone with doubles and say "Mike." If it's me, I'll turn around. If not, then hopefully that person didn't realize you were talking to them.

Mike

Ill be the guy wishing I was wearing doubles... well, until we have to hike up the hill

utdivermatt:
Ill be the guy wishing I was wearing doubles... well, until we have to hike up the hill
Hmm... if the Conshelf I just picked up is rebuilt in time, I could be the one in independent triples. :D

10 sounds good to me. I'll be the guy in the white Land Rover and the Navy ball cap.

ClayJar:
Hmm... if the Conshelf I just picked up is rebuilt in time, I could be the one in independent triples. :D

Cool, so Matt and I can leave our tanks/regs at home. We'll just breathe from what's on your back.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom