Volunteer rescue dive organizations in the chicagoland area.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avex

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was wondering if anyone knows any volunteer rescue dive organizations in Chicago or the Chicago land area. I have met a few people that have wondered the same thing given that equipment for departments can be expensive and finding the right people may sometimes be difficult. do they have organizations like that around?

Don't know the teams in that area but since no one else is speaking up-

In an urban area like Chicago I would expect that either the police, fire or sheriff's departments already have teams.

Check the web sites of those agencies to see if anything is mentioned, many departments have info on their special teams right on the web.

If not, see if you can find contact info and call them up- they should be able to tell you what functions they provide and if there are any volunteer teams in the area.

Volunteer teams pretty much need to be affiliated or associated with either the law enforcement agency or fire agency serving an area- otherwise they would never get called out.

If the agencies already have teams you could check into volunteer opportunities with them if you'd lie to help out.

Good luck!

yea that makes a lot of sence, I talked to a few agencies and the smaller towns have volunteer teams since they cant afford the equipment due to their budget. Some agencies have dive teams and have all the gear, people, and gear set up already. I will update if I hear anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom