Volente Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I actually couldn't have made either morning, had stuff going on with the wife (just realized they didn't do an afternoon dive). :)

You haven't been on "the bridge" at Volente, Robert? It's an earthen bridge of rocks/gravel with short wooden telephone-style poles used to shore up the sides. Hit me up some time and I'll take you out there. It's not very exciting...

Oh, and the "keyhole" - or "chimney" as we call it - is on the ridge of grottos - straight out from the dead end boat ramp and go LEFT at the ledge, not right. It is quite a large overhang with a hole in the top that you can swim through. Be careful - it's an overhead environment - this is a deep grotto and doesn't mix good with bad vis. Should be around 15-20ft deep right now...

Several divers tried to find it last year during the Sunset charters without any luck. Would you be interested in leading a group dive out to these sites so we can go exploring?

Sure - I'm working/diving a project at Roubidoux Springs in MO this weekend, have an expedition on the 19th of Sept weekend, finishing Tech Wreck with Duggan on The Clipper 10th of Oct weekend, and gone on FL cave trip 7-15 of November. I'm open other than that right now - when do you want to do it?

go LEFT at the ledge, not right

Do'h...I was thinking left, but typed right. Sorry.
oops.gif

---->Here is a map Divewrold has on there site.:D

Is anyone up for a Sunset charter to explore the hole and bridge? We could plan it for tomorrow, Wednesday Sept. 2 with departure time around 6:30.

I'm out for this week - gotta pack for the weekend. It's easy to find - use that map that travisdude found on the DW website. It's generic, but you can find the stuff pretty easy. The "bridge" is prolly in 40-60ft of water right now - when you see the wooden pilings, you're on it. Just follow the old road...

Robert,
I was just thinking about diving from Highland Marina. I actually drove out there with Chaim last week. We got our gear assembled when we started to see lightning moving in closer, so we had to call the dive.
Carrie

Back
Top Bottom