VIZ is great at CSSP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We dove without wetsuits Friday and Saturday. Below 25' it got chilly, but just couldn't stand to put one on while gearing up, tooooo hot! Was not a factor, enjoyed the dives immensely.

We dove without wetsuits Friday and Saturday. Below 25' it got chilly, but just couldn't stand to put one on while gearing up, tooooo hot! Was not a factor, enjoyed the dives immensely.

Sans wetsuit, commando? : )

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Was the visibility good Saturday? How crowded was it? I've never been there and have always driven down to Hunstville but may have to give it a try. Lot's closer!

Made 3 dives yesterday. I wore the long sleeve step in top of an old two pc 5 mil I have. I was comfy as long as I stayed above 35 ft. Visability was awesome! 20 ft plus for sure. I'll definitely be going back. It is well worth the 2.5 hr drive.

Made 3 dives yesterday. I wore the long sleeve step in top of an old two pc 5 mil I have. I was comfy as long as I stayed above 35 ft. Visability was awesome! 20 ft plus for sure. I'll definitely be going back. It is well worth the 2.5 hr drive.

Glad you enjoyed our beloved CSSP! :) The visibility has been great this year and I'm not complaining. I've watched it go from 8' or so last fall, to 15-20 in the winter to a strange 5' during a few weeks in the early spring and then back to 15-20'.

Safe dives,

Cyp

Cyprian, thanks for the update. taking an OW class out there next week end. Go to know I'll actually see my students.

Cyprian, thanks for the update. taking an OW class out there next week end. Go to know I'll actually see my students.

:) I can't take credit. Give Foo, Aquatrax and Oldschool the credit. I haven't been to CSSP for a couple of weeks, but it seems the vis has remained constant and that is great news indeed.

I'm thinking about a Friday/Sat trek next week myself. I had originally planned to dive another site, but I cannot keep missing 20' of vis!

Safe dives,

Cyp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom