Viz at Morrison's Quarry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr Adams:
Dudes

I'm not talking about paying to dive in that private quarry, I was told you need to pay a provincial fee for diving anywere in Quebec. I wonder, if true is this just another one of those french being different things.

Mr A

I spoke with Evelyn about this at the quarry on Wednesday night. Apparently there is a fee of $30 good for 3 years that is available through approved shops in Quebec and possibly some Ottawa shops. Dive shops providing fills and private site owners such as Evelyn will be required to ask for your card and are required to decline fills or site entrance if you do not show it. I may be a bit off on my information so if anyone has any corrections, please post them. I was also referred to Mike from Sharkey's for up to date info, but I haven't had time to look further into it yet.

The entrance fee into Morrissons Quarry is now $10, above having your Quebec diving certification.

Oh yeah, the vis was about 10 - 15', and hasn't turned milky yet.

$30 good for 3 years

Actually government fixed the priced at 15$+tax so around 17.25$ legally shops arent supposed to chrge you more

There is a one year leniency in effect for this dive season.

All regulations are posted on this site
www.fqas.qc.ca

Info for Ontario divers:

My wife and I just got our FQAS permits. We had to produce our log books and Certification cards. You need to show that you have had 10 dives, (in the last two years), in conditions similar to Quebec diving – cold, low vis and dived in wet suits, with hoods & gloves.

They cost us $17.25 (3 year permit) each.

They looked at our cards and log books and signed the FQAS form. We had to mail the form to FQAS and kept a temporary card (tear off). We are supposed to get the permanent card by 10 Nov.

FQAS may not allow divers to get a card so easily after 31 Dec. May have to take a test or get a FQAS certified instructor to verify that you have the proper skills. Still lots of unknowns and issues with this program. The enforcement may be done by the Quebec police force - hard to see that happening.

darkstar:
Did you get in Ottawa? If so, which LDS?

I think every dive shop in Ottawa has or can get the FQAS forms.

I got mine at Sharky's and yes, its $ 17.25 for three years. There are 3 classes A, B, and C

It takes about 2 weeks to get the actual certifcate but a 30 day temporary one is issued immediately.

All you need is for your Dive Instructor to sign the FQAS form that you have been trained or are qualified to dive in colder water environments with low Vis and full cold water gear.

As of Jan 01 2005, you will need the FQAS certificate.

Before I get "flamed" because of this touchy subject (lol), I don't agree with it but I must say, it make come to Ontario one day too.

Cheers

BTW,,,, a Dive Instructor is over $100 for one year.

wrong the course fo the formation of mandataire is 115 then every year your permit as an instructor is 25

I know i am a quebec fqas madataire

I've completed my AOW, I have my FQAS Class B and the vis was 15-20 at Morrison's Quarry, temps about 50F at 85ft. What a weekend!

Back
Top Bottom