Visiting Maui in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

micboucher

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,

I'm coming to Maui May 8th-13th and my dive buddy may have to work part of the time I'm there. I'd really like to get in as much diving as I can, so I was hoping to meet up with some local SBers to dive with.

Anyone diving any of those days that wouldn't mind me joining in?

I'll likely be available on the 12th & 13th during the break between the AI & OWSI portions of the IDC I'm staffing... send me a PM if either day works!

Hey "kmcneer" ... Hello from a fellow Austinite!! I was actually in Maui back in 2004 did some fantastic shore diving with Doug of ShakaDivers.com. This guy has led more shore dives in Maui than any other dive operation on the island and I really had a great time. If I every make it back out to Maui - this is the only operation I'll dive with. You've got to see the ScubaBus, it's pretty cool! Doug really caters to what it is that you want to see and honestly, it's more like just diving with friends and is a much more laid back atmosphere. I've dove with a few others there in Maui, but I think by far - Shaka Divers is the best for shore dives - bar none!

Happy Bubble Blowing!

~Brooke

I'm wanting to dive the Cathedrals while I'm there too. I've heard Lahaina Divers and Extended Horizons make regular trips out there. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

I'm wanting to dive the Cathedrals while I'm there too. I've heard Lahaina Divers and Extended Horizons make regular trips out there. Does anyone have any other recommendations?
I highly recommend Hawaiian Rafting Adventures / Dive Maui for this. They're good people, the boat makes that ride smoother (and shorter) than any of the others I've been on, and they treat you well.

Extended Horizons is really good, too, though I found the ride to be a little rougher when I've been out with them.

I highly recommend Hawaiian Rafting Adventures / Dive Maui for this. They're good people, the boat makes that ride smoother (and shorter) than any of the others I've been on, and they treat you well.

Extended Horizons is really good, too, though I found the ride to be a little rougher when I've been out with them.

Thanks Kris! I'll check into Hawaiian Rafting Adventures for sure. I've been out there on Extended Horizons before and the ride was pretty rough. That's why I decided to ask around this time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom