Visiting Ft. Lauderdale area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nkw5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We're two gals from CA who will be in the area from July 30 to Aug 6. If any of you locals are doing some shore diving during the week and wouldn't mind tag-alongs, please let us know! We'd like to see the sites thru experienced eyes.

Shore dives are really easy... As the reef is straight out there. Just enter the water between Fort Lauderdale beach, and Pompano Beach, and you can't miss... Just swim out to the first line of buoys and drop down... Swim East until you hit the reef. I live in LBTS (lauderdale by the sea), and may dive on Monday.

Hi ladies, you can either watch the boards right here for posted dives, or pick a spot/date/time and invite people to join you. I just got back from a beach dive and it was a little rough and a little murky but it was still a terrific dive!

Are you hot? If so, I'd be happy to dive with you :)

But seriously, there are several of us who dive Johnson on a fairly regular basis, and it's a FANTASTIC beach dive. Let us know when you wanna go, I'm nearly positive someone can go with you and show you around.

And debbie, i'm DYING to go diving with you, i've been with gooch and fast attack and had a blast, your the only johnson diver I haven't met yet, lol... we need to get together!

I have pictures posted from our last Johnson dive here-
http://www.vitalmodels.com/gallery/

No pics of the brick runways, but I'll put some up next dive.

Its fun diving with debby..

But nkw5, whenever you are down here, let us know and we can setup a beach dive :)

Vr24, I haven't dived with you yet, either!

nkw5- just remember that you MUST have a dive flag to beach dive. You can pick one up or rent one at the dive shop. I even saw some flags at Wally World this week in the sporting section.

I maybe able to do a dive, if there is a specific date/time/destination, so I can plan accordingly. If not, good luck anyways, and have a safe, fun dive!

OK y'all, I am ready to dive with you! Actually, I did a beautiful dive with Scuba Jenny and some Kayuba folks this morning off Fort Lauderdale. I don't really have time this coming week for a night dive, but I definitely want to be in the water Sunday August 6 early in the morning; if nobody else posts an August 6 early morning beach dive, I'll post one later this week.

Y'all know what August 6 is, right? :jump013: heh heh

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom