Visiting April 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davehartz

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Wife and I are cruising out of San Juan in April. We are comming onto SJ 4 days early and relaxing at the Conrad. Need recommendations on good places to I've and that are accessible in PR and also some topside activities. Also, should I rent a car?

The diving in PR is off the west, east and southern shores. There used to be a shore diving opportunity with a group called Scuba Dogs that had an operation right in San Juan at the Escambron public beach. Looking at thier web page it appears they no longer do that, but you could call and see if they can hook you up.

To go east west or south you will need to rent a car. Alternatively you could catch a puddle jumper flight right from down town to Vieques and do some diving and a bunch of other topside adventures there. There is a great bioluminescent bay, horseback riding, and some of the best beaches in the region there. Lodging ranges for cheap to expensive. The flight from downtown San Juan (Isla Grande airport) is less than a half hour I think, about $100 per person round trip. Flights also go from the big international airport in Isla Verde (where you're flying in). Vieques info: Vieques Island Puerto Rico. Hotels, Villa Rentals. Vieques Vacation Guide I'm planning to be there for a few days over Chistmas. Maybe the Conrad could hold your luggage and you could do a couple of days there travelling light.

For complete info on topside opportunites all over Puerto Rico go here: ¡Qué Pasa! Digital Magazine Turn pages with your mouse and double click a magazine page to zoom in.

You could rent a car, drive to Fajardo in the east do a 2 tank dive then drive back stopping in El Yunque (the rain forest) as a day trip. You'd have to leave San Juan very early to make a morning dive though, allow at tleast an hour early morning and use the toll road to avoid a bunch of traffic lights.

Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom