Visa for the Sinai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The point is simple. You have admitted that you went diving in Ras without the visa. And this is illegal. And you are saying other users - guys, you don't have to pay and still go to Ras. Forgett that Egyptian law says otherwise....
This is my point and this is a kind of behaviour I can't agree with.
Mania

mania:
The point is simple. You have admitted that you went diving in Ras without the visa. And this is illegal. And you are saying other users - guys, you don't have to pay and still go to Ras. Forgett that Egyptian law says otherwise....
This is my point and this is a kind of behaviour I can't agree with.
Mania

Could you be so kind and copy/paste here where I wrote such things? And where I admited that I went on Ras without Visa? I had visa on my trips to Ras M.

Cheers,
Sebastian.

Sebastian - I'm sorry. I have read once again and in fact I - forst time - read it wrongly.
So please accept my apologies - you wrote that you hade visa but no one checked the passports.
Mea cupla, mea maxima culpa.
Mania
PS. I still buy normal visa because 15$ is not a big deal for me. And I like to be insured for every possible situation. And this will be my advice to others.

Today Egypt has risen the price for tourist Visa from 15$ to 25$.

Cheers,
Sebastian.

stiwi:
Today Egypt has risen the price for tourist Visa from 15$ to 25$.

Cheers,
Sebastian.

The increase in price might have something to do with the fallling value of the dollar (taken them a while to notice it tho').

From what I recall it is £12 to get the visa at the airport but if you go to the consulate in London it'll cost you £15 (never figured out why it was more here).

They did not rise the price. It's still 15 USD.
Nothing has changed.
Stiwi please do not copy messages from Polish board without first checking them.
Mania

Everything here presumes that the person in charge of checking your passport is completely knowledgable about Egyptian law. Without a full visa, it's basically a random toss as to what acutally happens; I've met Israelis in Cairo who didn't have the full visa, and I've known Swedes in Dahab who got turned back at the first checkpoint just outside of town (although how they're ever meant to leave Dahab now is a mystery :p). The "Sinai only" visa might seem like a good option, but there are so many loopholes and pitfalls involved that it'll probably end up as excess stress. Sure, it might work perfectly 9 times out of 10, but that tenth time is a real b***h.

Just got back. Visa is still 15$. I didn't copy any unchecked info from any boards. It is just mistake from some touroperators like AlfaStar.com.pl who wrote on 19.09 on their site that the cost of Visa has risen to 25$.

I entered Dahab on Sinai Only Visa and had completetly no problems with that. You receive a stamp valid for 15days of your stay.

Dahab is completely different than Sharm El Sheikh, much quieter also the dives are not so packed with divers, it is quite every time, 3-5 people everyday, on Boat Diving there were 10 - Gabr El Bint is great as well as Ras Abu Gallum which can be reached by camels. I dived with Desert-Divers.com and can really recommend them.

Cheers,
Sebastian.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom