Virginity Lost at Pompano Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marcosis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
(I knew this title would get some views!)

Well what do ya know?... This ScubaBoard stuff really works! I met Sandbar and his buddy and did my very first beach dive today!(hence Virginity Lost) I had no idea I was in such great shape. Well at least thank goodness I quit smoking!

Anyway... It seemed as we swam for 1/2 a mile. It was 2-3' sea, once out to the ledges vis was 25-30', current to the south and slight surge. We headed north and toured the ledges for about 45 minutes. Saw lots of fish,3 small lobster and about a 3' stingray. We ascended at 500 PSI loaded our BCD's and as we leisurely kicked back, the current put us back to EXACTLY where we entered.I acted like I knew what I was doing.

So my newest friend Boatlawyer and her daughter (who tried to make the dive) stopped and loaded our parking meters (that I believe expired before we hit the reef). Big thanks Boatlawyer and Daughter!!!

So to make a short story long...I did my first beach dive, scared some fish, made 2 new friends (Sandbar and his buddy) and 2 more soon to be new friends (Boatlawyer and Daughter)! Now that's a good day!!!

Hopefully this will snowball and soon we'll ALL be new friends!!!
Replies,Replies,Replies Until then... Marc

WOW 0 replies!! Boy I'm really good at this making new friends stuff. I guess I'll go back to work now.

hehehe... i didn't see this at all until now

sounds like you had a blast =)

are you coming to the Keys Invasion?

H2Andy-Thanks!!!

Fast-Finally dove Hibiscus on the 4th.Cool shallow reef but vis was crap. Dove with Sandbar and a couple of others from Melborne. Saw some cool stuff - tarpon, eels and lots of fish.
We have a dive booked with Parrot Island for Sunday if you're interested.Doing the Sea Emporer @ 9:00 am. If not keep in touch, LBTS is pretty cool. Sandbar and his buddy are really cool also, really easy to dive with. I'll post an invitation thread maybe someone will reply there. Later!!! Marc

Marcosis what time on sunday?

I think I have a beach dive with my Club in the morning around 8am.. and its only a one tank dive..

Marcosis:
H2Andy-Thanks!!!

Fast-Finally dove Hibiscus on the 4th.Cool shallow reef but vis was crap. Dove with Sandbar and a couple of others from Melborne. Saw some cool stuff - tarpon, eels and lots of fish.
We have a dive booked with Parrot Island for Sunday if you're interested.Doing the Sea Emporer @ 9:00 am. If not keep in touch, LBTS is pretty cool. Sandbar and his buddy are really cool also, really easy to dive with. I'll post an invitation thread maybe someone will reply there. Later!!! Marc

I do believe that I saw you waiting for your buddies to show! You were driving an elevator repair truck, right? I was wondering if you were a diver waiting on someone... :D Glad you liked my side yard!

Marvel... Oh there you are!

Yes that was me and yes I very much enjoyed " Your Side Yard". Perhaps you'll join us and show the secret spots!

Thanks for the reply!! See ya soon! Marc

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom