Virginia Beach Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darylm74

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will be in Virginia Beach mid-June. I opted to buy a pop up camper and go camping this year instead of go to the Caribbean. I decided to head to Virginia Beach for a week to camp and see some of my family that lives in the area and wanted to also get some dives in if possible.

I have only seen dive charters on the weekend. Are there any midweek diving charters or groups that dive from the beach? My wife doesn't dive so it would just be me so looking for something where there would be groups I could tag along with.

Thanks

Unfortunately, That's the only game in town currently.

We shore dive sandbridge when we're drying out and looking at sand is better than nothing.

I believe Lynnhaven Dive Center will charter the boat during the week, but tend to run easy newbie diver trips at the weekend. Perhaps they might open the boat on a weekday when you are in town, so others can sign up. If you ask for the Triangles area (around 100ft, and plenty of wrecks fairly close to one another), getting enough divers won't be a problem.

I signed up for the dive on the Tiger on June 17. Looks like it won't be much to look at but will be better than the mudhole we do training in. Unfortunately it looks like my drysuit with light undergarments will probably still be in order. I asked about the triangle and they don't have anything open as of yet but if they get more interest, they will call me back and put me on the charter. Thanks for the information everyone.

Take a gun or pole spear and a tickle stick and you may bring home dinner. Make sure you run a wreck line or stay on the one the mate runs. It's all but impossible to navigate that wreck w/o a line.

Slightly off topic, but I'm headed out with Lynnhaven Dive Center for my first time (with them) tomorrow morning. According to the shop I'm part of 5 people set to dive. This is my first dive in a while where I didn't bring my own buddy with me, anyone else going or want to go? They're going somewhere they call "The Tower" which they say is in ~45' of water. As of 3pm they still had one more spot open!

Well, the trip got blown out even after waiting an extra 2 hours to see if a later departure would lead to calmer waters. On the bright side, LDC did let me use their facility pool for free and I realized that after dropping a few pounds I was also able to comfortably dive with all my usual gear and a 7mm suit plus an AL80 cylinder without adding any extra lead. As someone who used to need 8-12 lbs of lead to do a pool dive, this felt wonderful!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom