Virginia Beach Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Guys:

I was looking at this video again, and I just happened to notice some fin abuse to the poor kid in the deep end at the very end of the video! Who is that guy smacking that kid around?

[vimeo]9902221[/vimeo]

LOL!

jrmiah/Will,

Thanks for the advice on the wreck anchors. And the places to look, I just ordered some new tanks, so the dive fund is starting to run low.

I had not thought of color coding the anchor line, I should of after the conning along side and anchoring evolutions. It just makes sense. I think that I will get some extra chain to add to the weight and keep the anchor where I need it. Keep this up and I might have learned enough to stay out of serious trouble, thanks to all of you.

Thanks,
Ted

Ted,

Anchor chain serves two purposes; 1. when anchoring it keeps the anchor on the bottom and provides a more horizontal pull, which digs anchors deeper into the sea bed for more holding power, and 2. when securing into the wreck the chain provides chafe protection. Just make sure your anchor windlass and chain match (hint: there's different types of chain).

Marking the anchor rode makes things easier. I also used to mark my wreck reel with the same system. Let's you know how far from the anchor line you are when exploring a new wreck. I also use the system to survey wreck sites. Gives you an accurate way to measure beam and length.

Andy,
Just love the video of Bobby in the pool. Kind of reminds me of the Olympics and the ice skaters. But that can't be Rad Diver, I've never seen him that poised or elegant diving offshore.

Will

Big difference being in 80 degree gin clear water with no current, no wait I mean I look like that even in a raging current with a drysuit, steel doubles & at least 1 slung 40.

I am the picture perfect diver.LOL

We did dive Rawlings yesterday, 45 degrees top to bottom, we are ready for some real diving now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom