Violating a Site's Terms of Service Is a Crime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It will be interesting to see the final product in this.

"Report Post" button takes on a whole new meaning.

Where does the law stand on calling someone a "drunken douchebag"? :idk:

Where does the law stand on calling someone a "drunken douchebag"? :idk:
As it seems at the moment - Its illegal, but only if the terms of service of the forum its uttered says so...

But let's say someone posts a false report to make a competitor look bad. If the libel is too difficult, the charge of not being within the ToS is available.

Kind of like, the gov't couldn't bust the mob on the dirty stuff, but could bust them on tax evasion.
Wow, just think. People being held accountable for their actions.

We do that now, every time you come into the US you fill out a customs form.. Read the fine print. If they can't get you for smuggling, they get you for perjury....

FWIW, I see no difference between parties, as they both seem hell bent on eroding our freedoms in the name of homeland security. Hell, I can remember the school drills for the A-bomb, (yes, that dates me as near ancient.), followed by the hysteria of the cold war and now anti terrorism. These guys have to justify their high salaries and power positions. Besides, if you keep the masses looking at the right hand, they can't see what the left hand is doing.

Dale

Reactions: D_B
the OP ... This ... is a good thing?

sure doesn't sound good to me

Like carrying a weapon, it is neither a good thing nor a bad thing - it just is. What matters is how that law (or weapon) is used . . . . or abused. Look around . . . there are plenty of nasty examples of people abusing rules to forward their self-centered agendas.

Like carrying a weapon, it is neither a good thing nor a bad thing - it just is. What matters is how that law (or weapon) is used . . . . or abused. Look around . . . there are plenty of nasty examples of people abusing rules to forward their self-centered agendas.

So .. we need more rules?

... sounds too much like the argument used for more gun control to me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom