Violating a Site's Terms of Service Is a Crime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We kinda do already Denniss, and more so when we bring with us the internet on cellphones and pads - its called a mac-address :eyebrow:

We kinda do already Denniss, and more so when we bring with us the internet on cellphones and pads - its called a mac-address :eyebrow:

When you switch devices it changes. With an internet ID, it doesn't matter what device or where you are.

When you switch devices it changes. With an internet ID, it doesn't matter what device or where you are.

Yes, it change with device (as each device has its own MAC-address, and some infact have more than one if they have more than one communication device, such as wifi+cabled network), but with more and more wireless communication and portable devices, we also stay on the same device more than we did before.

Haha, with DOJ making interpretations like this one that seems to be very much needed too though in order not to be put in jail for flaming some troll in the pub :eek:

It's pretty hard to violate the ToS in the pub, methinks. :snicker:

But let's say someone posts a false report to make a competitor look bad. If the libel is too difficult, the charge of not being within the ToS is available.

Kind of like, the gov't couldn't bust the mob on the dirty stuff, but could bust them on tax evasion.

Or, it someone got pissed and decided to air someone's dirty laundry on the Internet . . . BOOM! Violation of the ToS, then you have cause for a search warrent to see what else the butthole has been up to . . . That will give you Privacy Act violations, as most people give their personal information for limited use on a website.

:popcorn: Wow, just think. People being held accountable for their actions.

I'm sure you can see some prospects for abuse.

Hey, if you boys want to play nice take it out of the Pub. :laughing:

Reactions: Jax
Well, some sites have a problem (against tos) with me using ad and script blockers, would that make blocking malicious scripts or irritating pop-ups a crime?
Well, no, not for me, I am not american.

It is out of the Pub, right? :idk:

Shhh, don't tell anyone . . . :ssst:

only huge...... any mention of suspician of wrong doing of the government can then be considered slander or lible. but that could never happen.

The intent is to hold people accountable for actions on the Internet for which they would also be accountable in person.

Fraud, copyright infringement, libel, bullying, etc.

Unfortunately, if the White House (or any other liberals!) get involved, you have a huge chance of abuse. :shakehead:

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom