Vintage Valves and Tank Bands for 6.9in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphimx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've gotten some old stuff I found on the net here that I have at home.

-Healthways Hardpack with twin 6.9in tank bands. (The bands can't be used seperate there's a sort of round finish to them that inserts into the hardpack)
Name a price (could trade for Twin Tank Bands 6.9 for BP/W)

-US. Divers Dual tank Valve in pristine condition. Single Yoke out.
Name a price (could trade for DIN dual valve + manifold)

-Unnamed Single tank Valvel in good condition. Single Yoke out.
Name a price

-Also for anyone interested. The old man I bought these from had a Aqua-Lung DW Mistral in working order he says he used it in ice diving because he found it more reliable than his Sherwood Blizzard. Last time used 5 Years ago.
I'll ask him how much he wants for it if anyone is interested.

Any idea what shipping on those tanks would be??

FYI on the Mistral, unless he has had it rebuilt in the last 5 years or so, I can promise you it is NOT in diving condition. It may appear to be in working order to someone not experienced in restoring/repairing them but it's not. The old varity of rubber used in some of the exhaust parts did not last much more than a year or 2. Its easy to service and parts are now available but I would suggest you not say it's in working condition unless you know it has been rebuilt in the last few years.

I have the same manifold and it is hare to seal, it is a flare set up. They do work well and I would put the hard pack on and carry with that, keep the stress off the manifold.
Why sell, go dive it.

Happy Diving

I picked up the same type rig without the backpack. I got it all cleaned up and working and bolted it on to my Stainless backpack with a Diverite classic wing and have not noticed any issues from the rounded section attached to the BP so I haven't bothered to make an adapter. I am keeping my eye out for a suitable plastic BP for authenticity. The double 72's are sweet.

Bob
--------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

You only need two tools in life – WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn’t move and should, use the WD40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the Duct Tape

Yes, thinking about it I'll keep the whole stuff and dive with it.

I contacted Bryan at Vintage Double Hose and I'll send it in for repair.

He called me and told me he'll sell it to me for 100$ seems resonable since Bryan at WHB is selling one restored at 250$.

Thanks, I thought about it the whole day and it'll be a waste not to dive them with a DoubleHose setup.

I got my passion for scuba while watching cousteau on TV at 7-9. If I have gear that is like his It'll be sweet.

Trade Cancelled.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom