Vintage Mistral regulator raffle to benefit AHA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luis H

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This didn't get too much attention in the regulator section and I think it is a good enough cause that it need some exposure. I hope it gets more viewers from vintage equipment divers.

Thanks

From VDH:

"This gem of a Mistral was donated to VDH by one of our members who wishes to remain anonymous. It is 100% rebuilt with all NEW parts…. it’s got all the best stuff in it. HP seat, silicone main diaphragm, chrome band clamp ring and to make it even nicer it has new yellow hoses, mouthpiece, duckbill and mouthpiece valves all made from 100% silicone rubber! Mistrals were not this nice when they were new. Here is what’s what. LOTTERY TIME AGAIN! 100% of the proceeds will go to the American Heart Association….ZERO $ will be taken by me for anything. Most of you know the game but for those of you who don’t, PayPal me $5.00 for each ticket you want to buy . Bryan@vintagedoublehose.com I will E-mail you back with your ticket number… On October 1st I will draw one ticket and the winner will get the regulator and the American Heart Association will get a check……
Thank you to the diver that donated this to us and for making the contest possible. We have a lot of very generous folks in our community and I am happy to be part of it.
"

DSC05911.jpg

DSC05913.jpg

DSC05914.jpg

DSC05915.jpg

Wow, very cool. Nice to see something like this going to support a good cause.

The raffle has been expanded.

From VDH:

As soon as we receive$500.00 in donations VDH is throwing in this pre-sale silicone green mouthpiece with Sea Hunt 50th anniversary celebration dog tag... As a 2nd prize to draw in the raffle...Get the mouthpiece before customs clears the rest of the shipment....
Green.jpg

WHEN YOU DECIDE TO GET SERIOUS ABOUT DONATIONS AND REACH THE $1,000.00 MARK I WILL THROW IN THE VERY LAST PHOENIX NOZZLE THAT I WAS SAVING TO PUT ON A REGULTOR!! (release required) FOR A THIRD PRIZE TO DRAW IN THE RAFFLE... THIS IS FROM MY PERSONAL STOCK AND THERE ARE NO OTHERS TILL DECEMBER/JANUARY.......
Phoenix.jpg

AND WHEN YOU GET OFF THE FENCE AND PUT ON SOME BIG KID PANTS AND GO OVER $1500.00 I AM THROWING IN AS A SUPER BONUS 4TH PRIZE TO DRAW IN THIS RAFFLE...THIS VDH REFRIGERATOR MAGNET AND YUMMY RAMEN CUP O SOUP...IT IS UBER DELICIOUS AND HAS NO TRANS FAT!! What really tops that???
Ramen.jpg

You have till September 30th at 18:00 to be a player or to be played.....The American Heart Association needs your coin....I bet we can even break last years record!!!

And here is how the winner will be chosen...........

RANDOM NUMBER CLICK HERE
Custom Random Number Generator

I will put in the 1st ticket number sold and the last ticket number sold and the random number it generates will be the winner...

Just in case some one missed it:

100% of the proceeds will go to the American Heart Association

And if anyone is wondering on what to do with this stuff if they win it, there are several of us who will gladly take it at considerably more than the $5 ticket price.

And if anyone is wondering on what to do with this stuff if they win it, there are several of us who will gladly take it at considerably more than the $5 ticket price.

I know you have an eye on the Ramen Noodles... :wink:

if i win it then i want to win the phoenix nozzle as well :wink:

Those are both excellent prizes, but they are not related.

Phoenix first stage (nozzle):

The Phoenix nozzle is a replacement first stage for an Aqua Master (or the equivalent Voit regulator) or a Royal Aqua Master. The conversion makes either regulator into a Phoenix Royal Aqua Master with the addition of LP and HP ports. The first stage is mechanically the same (and uses all the same parts) as the as the Royal Aqua Master and most modern Aqualung regulators (Conshelf, Titan, etc.)

The flow path of the Phoenix has been improved from the original Royal Aqua Master providing a bit more constant IP during the breathing cycle (quicker IP recovery during inhalation) which reduces over all inhalation effort.

Vintage Mistral:

The Mistral is a single stage regulator with no intermediate pressure. It has only one sealing component, the demand valve seat. It only has four moving parts. You can’t make a regulator any simpler and therefore there is not a more reliable regulator.

The Spirotechnique (US Divers parent company, now all part of the same Aqualung) version of the Mistral was Cousteau favorite regulator for its reliability.

The Mistral is a good breathing regulator, but it only likes low pressure tanks (<2500 psi).

Good luck

ooooooooh! now i see
sorry, i thought you could whack a nozzle on the mistral the same as the aqua masters
doh!

Yes, you are not the first one to think that. An understandable mistake if you are not familiar with the Mistral.

The Mistral is still a great regulator, if you don&#8217;t require LP air for a dry suit or similar accessory (BC, Octopus, etc.), or you can use a pony bottle to feed the drysuit, etc.

The best way to add a SPG for a Mistral is with a banjo fitting.

As I mentioned, the flip side is that with a Mistral you get a regulator that is virtually fail proof&#8230;the only likely fail mode is a possible small leak, that is normally not even noticed while diving.

It is also a good breathing regulator and a lot of fun to dive. Many divers really like the way it sounds during inhalation... I have only used it while wearing a hood, so I have not experienced the full sound effects.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom