Vintage gear nuts trip to the Orange City area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan@Vintage Double Hose

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Have a few of us headed that way either March 21st-22nd or the following weekend. Plan on diving Alexander, Troy, Blue Springs. Nothing formal or fancy just some good diving and a chance to meet new friends. We are diving double hoses and duckfeet or something very similar ! Please come and join us. I'll post more details as they come up. Ouestions? please E-mal me.

I promise I'll only send you updates on the trip. I absolutely will not send you a bunch of crap! It would be fantastic if we had a bunch of folks show up for this event!! my direct E-mail is bpennington6@kc.rr.com

Thank You!

Re: Orlando Area Vintage Dive Get Together
« Reply #4 on: Today at 22:14:23 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll be arriving at Orlando International around noon on Friday the 19th. and after finding my way to the rental car place I'll be on my way to Orange City to meet up with Chuck and whomever else can join us. I will be staying at the Days Inn in Orange City.

http://www.the.daysinn.com/orangecity04609

We are going to try and dive Blue Springs late on Friday and definatley all day Saturday and then head over to Alexander Springs for some Sunday Diving.
Here is a link to a great site regarding the springs we will be diving in.

http://underwaterflorida.homestead.com/spring.html

Please E-mail me if you have questions!

OWIC647:
I promise I'll only send you updates on the trip. I absolutely will not send you a bunch of crap! It would be fantastic if we had a bunch of folks show up for this event!! my direct E-mail is bpennington6@kc.rr.com

Thank You!

I'd like to come dive Blue Spring with you on Saturday (March 20th)

Will you be doing cavern dive/carrying lights? Only certified cavern divers can
carry lights; otherwise it's a $125.00 fine.

I'll be arriving at Blue Springs around 8:30 a.m. Someone call me at 904-382-9979 if the plans change.

Otherwise, looking forward to meeting you guys!

As far as anyone I have spoken with no one is planning on doing any cave/cavern diving. Most of us will be diving double hoses so we won't really be equipped to handle that type of diving. Glad to have you joining us. I'll put you on the list for updates.

H2Andy:
I'd like to come dive Blue Spring with you on Saturday (March 20th)

Will you be doing cavern dive/carrying lights? Only certified cavern divers can
carry lights; otherwise it's a $125.00 fine.

I'll be arriving at Blue Springs around 8:30 a.m. Someone call me at 904-382-9979 if the plans change.

Otherwise, looking forward to meeting you guys!

excellent, thank you. just let me know what time you expect to get to Blue Spring
on Saturday, and I'll be there with . . . airhoses (?) on.

oh, and i dive a weighbelt. does that mean i qualify for the "vintage" thing or do i
have to buy a floppy hat with dice hanging from it too?

So far I believe we have 6 confirmed Divers for the Vintrage Gear Diving adventure! We would love to have a lot more! We plan on meeting at the Snack Bar area in Blue Springs park around 10:00 hours on Saturday the 20th. I'll be arriving from KC the night before. E-mail me if your in the area and want to get together and bend an elbo and tell some lies the night before.
We plan on diving Blue Springs all day Saturday and then running over to Alexander Springs for some diving on Sunday.
Dust off your Duckfeet and Double Hoses and come and join us! All are welcome.
You can click on the website link under my signature for more information on the trip. I have some site links posted to the areas on my site as well.
Looking forward to seeing yall there!

Commin in from Louisiana, Tennessee, Missouri and all parts in between! We are set to invade Orange City Friday evening. Anyone in the area please feel free to come join us for some good times, good diving and good stories. Visit my website if you need more details on the trip and adventure. Hope to see some of ya'll from the list!

Thank You to the Florida Conch Divers for letting me post on their list! Much appreciated!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom