Vintage gear demo II - Iara

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know how the California divers did it "back in the day," but the guys I dived with just pressed the rubber of the mask against the nostrils to equalize.

It is too bad that Steele's Discount Scuba doesn’t seem to have a web site. It looks like an interesting place. If you go to Google maps you can see a street view of the shop. It does look like it has been there for a long time.

The girl is cute and I like her voice, but she doesn’t seem to be very well informed. The statement that old back packs needed a crotch strap because they were not very contoured makes no sense. Many of us will always use crotch straps and technical divers also use them now a day.

Cousteau’s favorite regulator was the Mistral, but as far as I know it was the Spirotechnique Mistral, not the US Divers.

And then there was in the other video the thing about taking off your mask to equalize your ears. I never heard of anyone doing that, but if they did… never mind. :rolleyes:

I do like the videos and think that over all she is doing a good job. I just think that the details are important.
I've heard a lot of good things about Steele's. Everybody says he has a bunch of really old and rare gear hanging everywhere in there and in cases. Wether any of it's for sale I don't know, but the shop is only about 1.2 hours drive from me south so I should make a trip down there. The thing is he's not open all the time, he's open whenever he want's to be so it can be hit and miss. I let you guys know what kind of shop he has and what's in there as far as vintage gear.

As far as the girl doing the video's, yeah she's cute and has good skills for doing those vids. You guys could help her out way better with accurate details. I'm a total vintage nOOb and even I know more than her about the stuff.

I'll bet if we formed a vintage club around here and got her involved we'd suddenly have every young guy wanting to join!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom