Vintage Diving Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DRW,

Check out this E-Bay sale:

Thanks for drawing this to my attention, John. A very good price, but I'm trying to limit any current acquisitions to rarer pieces, attempting as I am to complete the jigsaw puzzle of European diving equipment manufacturing history. As a manufacturer, Nemrod is well covered by catalogues and by enthusiasts such as Facebook's Nemrod Museum.

A couple of pics.

Attachments

• scan00037.jpg
    scan00037.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 160
  • f4f1f896eab8408d61a8d00e33d75417.jpg
    f4f1f896eab8408d61a8d00e33d75417.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 153
Here's some photos from 1975 of subtidal clam bed surveys done by the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) in Yaquina Bay and other estuaries in Oregon. I took most of the photos (but am in #2, on the boat), of Limons Osis, the other diver in the photos. In the last photo, Limons was holding a 3 foot square circle that we dredged out, and we counted all the clams inside that dredged area. Some were so large that we had to take them out by hand. Others went up the dredge and were counted on the surface. These were gaper clams, mostly, with some cockles and a few other species.

SeaRat

Attachments

• Subtidal Clambed Survey001.jpg
    Subtidal Clambed Survey001.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Subtidal Clambed Survey002.jpg
    Subtidal Clambed Survey002.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 97
  • Subtidal Clambed Survey003.jpg
    Subtidal Clambed Survey003.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Subtidal Clambed Survey004.jpg
    Subtidal Clambed Survey004.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 112
Not exactly vintage, but here is me and my brother in 1981.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom