Vintage Diving Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my father in Black Sea, north side.
i-3774.jpg

very cool...thanks for sharing.

In the 1960s I was a member of the Salem Junior Aqua Club in Salem, Oregon. We took trips with older divers to the coast, and this one was spearfishing on the southern Oregon coast. We used paddle boards, and speared fish for eating. I took the first photo of my buddy diver after climbing up one of the rocks to get above the water. He then took a photo of me with my fish on one of the paddle boards.

SeaRat

Attachments

• NW Diving History001.jpg
    NW Diving History001.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 299
  • NW Diving History003.jpg
    NW Diving History003.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 319
View attachment 383160

Albert Falco
(17 October 1927 – 21 April 2012)[1] was a French scuba diving veteran and champion of underwater conservation. He was one of the longest-serving diving companions of Jacques Cousteau, Chief Diver, and later Captain of the RV Calypso.[2] He lived in France and was active in preserving aquatic ecosystems.[3][4] He played several leading roles on Cousteau's films, like The Silent World (1956), World Without Sun (1964) and Voyage to the Edge of the World (1976).

Falco was also on the Ocean Advocacy Advisory Board of Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, a non-profit ocean conservation organization.

I came to greatly admire Albert Falco in my late teens, he always impressed me as the epitome of the diving professional. His friendship with JCY was IMO a divine gift to diving and the world. I mourned his passing as if I knew him. Thanks for the posts!

Hi Im curious,where did you find this photo? The gear is vintage but the model is wearing a modern day bikini.Are there any more photos or video? thanks:)

We all dived single 72s with a J-valve in the early 1970s. I bought my own gear in 1972 and invested in an SPG, what a wonderful improvement.

We all dived single 72s with a J-valve in the early 1970s. I bought my own gear in 1972 and invested in an SPG, what a wonderful improvement.

Dived a J-valve once in the early 90s, SPG weren't the rule for beginners around here (France), not my best memory. The valve was faulty... Because of that the instructor condescended to give me back my SPG, which I was used to as any other OWD... Mankind can be dumb some times.

Back
Top Bottom