Vintage Divers at Weeki Wachee Spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to make sure people stay OUT of the overheads. :D There are some wicked fast currents shooting out of the crevice. :D

Your ADD buddy! :D

I know, I'm usually the most experienced diver when I dive with a group, I'm looking forward to being "grasshopper" this weekend. I'm looking forward to learning from you, especially about some issues with my Overpressure single stage reg. I'll bring an old catalog and instruction book from 1955, with photocopies of each.

This is going to be a blast!

From my understanding, there will be MORE than just double hose regs in the water. We need to make sure that EVERYONE is safe and follows the rules of the spring. There are lots of props down there. All we need is a diver picking up a Mermaid's hose thinking that it's "OK".

So will I, and THAT'S what safety divers do best! :D Some of my friends and students are mermaids!

I have spoken with Chris the promotions person for Weeki Wachee and it is my understanding from him that the Vintage Equipment Divers will have their own area of assembly and someone to watch over our equpment that we are displaying. I will be providing my own double hose for trial use by some non divers that I'm assuming will be in a shallow end of the lagoon kind of like a try scuba thing? Our intent is to do some diving in an historical environment, talk to the public about our equipment and the sport and to hand out information about our group if they are interested in knowing more. Rest assured we will go out of our way not to mix in while classes are going on or interfere with diver training in any way.

I don't think that there are any classes scheduled that day, but that does not preclude divers from diving either. :D The bowl area is not that big... the divers will get to see you in situ, which will be AWESOME for them.

BTW, everytime Walter asks me to do a fossil dive with him, I am not so certain that he ain't the fossil in question! :D

How I wish Roger and I could come...someday maybe. Hope everyone has fun and I want to see lots and lots of pictures!

Looking forward to making a NAVED card for ya Pete :D Be sure to smile big and bright, ya hear?

Darlin', we all wish you guys were coming! We've all heard of underwater weddings, but you're the only ones I know who were married in vintage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom