Viking Suit Alternations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frack

Reaction score
Where can I get a Viking HD suit altered? I need to get smaller boots installed, and perhaps the legs made thinner. Has anyone used rock boots on a Viking? A Canadian source preferred.

Thank you

There's an outfit in Minnesota, that's "almost" in Canada. :wink:
Doing major mods on the legs would be impractical, the cost would probably make a new suit purchase an appealing alternative. The HDs are cut wider & more full than the other models, like the PRO, Xtreme & the new Tech/Combat suit.

I've always threatened to put a pair of socks on a Viking, but I remember back in the days when the first drysuits came that way, the evolution to hard boots added a whole lot less maintenance/repair issues.
Socks WOULD be the cheapest way to get a boot resize though.
The only problems I can see besides the lack of durability would be problems getting enough insulation on the feet.

Frack

I had a simular problem wearing an ultralight suit. Depending on how much oversize the boots are you can use the liners out of a Sorel type winter boot. I live in Canada and we can buy them at Walmart for not a lot of money.

They work well, keep your feet warm and are not to bad at filling up enough of the boot to keep your fins on. They do have one enoyning habit when you take your suit off, one liner always stays in the suit and the other on your foot.

Hope this helps
SeaQuest

The Viking rep in Canada estimated it would cost about $700 to replace the boots with Viking brand boots and about $400 with third party boots, ouch. FYI their in Calgary and are called Cross Country Ph 403 235 5454 (strange place for a Viking rep)

I guess boot liners are the way to go. I hope my fins still fit. I got the liners from the army surplus store for $15. I suspect they are going to be annoying to use... oh well.

Thanks for the quick replies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom