Viking Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kafkaland

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just finished my drysuit cert, and love how it keeps me warm even in 40 degree water. Now I'm thinking about buying my own, even though I hate the price tag. But I'd like to get it right and get something that will last me for a decade, no do-overs and a useless drysuit in the closet.

Locally, I will be diving mostly in the Great Lakes within recreational limits, maybe some wrecks. And the occasional cold-water puddle. I may want to take an ice diving course just for the fun of it, but don't see this emerging as a major focus for me. I know that I can be quite rough on my gear sometimes.

Looking through everything online and reading reviews etc., I am thinking about getting a Viking Protech suit. It seems a little more robust than the typical trilam suits that I have rented in the past, but I don't know anyone who actually dives with one, so I'm curious to hear first-hand experiences. How does it feel like diving in one - does it feel very heavy, or somehow less flexible than trilam? And, how does the integrated latex hood work? I already find equalizing with a neoprene hood annoying, is this any worse?

Back
Top Bottom