Views on ice diving?

What best describes your view of ice diving?

• Do it all the time - I love it!

Votes: 50 22.7%
  • Did it once - never again

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Never done it, but would like to do it

Votes: 115 52.3%
  • Not something that really grabs my interest

Votes: 22 10.0%
  • Those guys are &$*^#ing nuts

Votes: 32 14.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last Year I have been under thin ice from the edge of a lake its fun to break threw.

Time we where going to have ice diving training, the ice have already melted.

I did it for the first time in February. Alittle cold to start with but, warmed up. Did a specialty class and saw a completely different side of our finger lakes. Get a dry suit, a qualified instructor and get in! The blacked out mask drills in the pool were the biggest confidence builders I have ever done! Every serious diver should experience this training.

I would like to change my older vote of "Never done it, but would like to do it" to "I love it"! It's really quite an experience. In that particular lake the visibility was only a few meters. Finding the hole again would be totally impossible without your rope and the guy holding it. Will certainly repeat this next winter.

I've done it more than once but I can't say it really sparked an interest. The 1st few times it was youth and the novelty of doing something not many at the time were doing. I think ice diving is like deep diving, something done as a means to accomplish something else. If I go ice diving again it probably won't be just to dive under the ice. But then again I'm an easy mark when it comes to diving.:)

ah,though..there's the social aspect of a group of like minded...divers...
getting together on a sunny day to visit and enjoy the times
together! 50 year olds doing cannon balls into 34* water...brings out
the kid in us all!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom