Views on ice diving?

What best describes your view of ice diving?

• Do it all the time - I love it!

Votes: 50 22.7%
  • Did it once - never again

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Never done it, but would like to do it

Votes: 115 52.3%
  • Not something that really grabs my interest

Votes: 22 10.0%
  • Those guys are &$*^#ing nuts

Votes: 32 14.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knowing my luck, I would be pulled right out of the hole feet first and then I could say I ice skated on my head.

:rofl3::rofl3: Sounds like you have luck like mine.

Fantastic; especially if it involves exploring ice caves within an iceberg. It's like diving within a crystal city. Very cool! :)

DCBC, did you take that picture? Looks awesome, where was that?

The first and the last choices are not mutually exclusive :) so I selected the last and I agree with the first

DCBC, did you take that picture? Looks awesome, where was that?

The photo was taken by another diver. The iceberg was one of many that frequents the waters off St. John's, Newfoundland. I was working for Hibernia, an oil platform that's 100 miles offshore, due east of St. John's.

Last edited:
worth it for the look on the DM's face when your diving in the tropics and show them your ice c-card

"Do it all the time" isn't quite true, but I've done it, enjoyed it, and would do it again without hesitation... IF someone else brought the truckload of additional necessary gear.

waited 10 years for the weather to get it right planing an ice dive in Dublin city centre tomorrow canal basin partly frozen once in 30 year event

Last edited:
I have heard ice diving can give you a headache

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom