Views from Lembeh ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm at Kungkungan Bay Resort this week ... yesterday was my first day of diving here. Would like to share some pics from the trip. The subjects and visibility make this a great place to take macro ... so all of these were taken with a 60 mm lens.

Enjoy ... I'll add photos each day until next week, when we pack up and head to Raja Ampat ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

IMG_6607.jpgIMG_6624.jpgIMG_6626.jpgIMG_6629.jpgIMG_6654.jpgIMG_6685.jpgIMG_6689.jpgIMG_6694.jpgIMG_6659.jpgIMG_6669.jpgIMG_6644.jpgIMG_6610.jpgIMG_6615.jpgIMG_6620.jpgIMG_6621.jpg

Blue ribbon eel, clown frog fish

More Mimic Octopus pictures doing its thing please! (Can you get it looking like a baseball glove?:wink:)

Nice representative thumbnail shots of the critters of Lembeh Strait.

Awesome Bob. I just made the same trip in the opposite direction this last March. I enjoyed the Coconut octo's much more than I did the Mimic or Wonder octo's while in Lembeh. Make sure to check out the Tiger, Harlequin and Bumble bee shrimp while you are there.

Beautiful shots, Bob!

BTW, got any idea, why Scorpionfish in particular seem to have a chronic 'red-eye' problem? Never figured that out; maybe, you know ...

Great shots Bob.

Yesterday was a day of firsts ... first mimic octo, first blue-ringed octo, first time I've ever been able to see a pygmy seahorse without taking a picture of where the dive guide was pointing and blowing up the picture ... in fact, I found the second one without the dive guide's help at all.

It was a difficult day, because my body was reacting to something over here ... either lack of sleep or something I ate that I shouldn't have. But I didn't miss a dive ... and they were all fantastic.

Here's some pics from yesterday ... two done, four more to go before packing up and heading off to Raja Ampat ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
IMG_6707.jpgIMG_6732.jpgIMG_6748.jpgIMG_6750.jpgIMG_6751.jpgIMG_6779.jpgIMG_6813.jpgIMG_6822.jpgIMG_6825.jpgIMG_6833.jpgIMG_6756.jpgIMG_6778.jpgIMG_6734.jpgIMG_6709.jpgIMG_6728.jpg

Here's a few more from yesterday's dives ... there certainly is no lack of subjects here, and although I've found myself wishing a couple times for a wide-angle lens, it's mostly macro ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)IMG_6854.jpgIMG_6861.jpgIMG_6865.jpgIMG_6935.jpgIMG_6881.jpgIMG_6892.jpgIMG_6897.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom