Views from Lembeh ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know it is difficult to get that shot Bob! Watching them mate is difficult enough, not being able to use flashlights. Truly great work Bob! !

Found a couple of things that were on my wish list yesterday. If I find a harlequin shrimp, I'll have found and photo'd pretty much all of the things I'd hoped to see here in Lembeh. I still have today, and one dive on the house reef tomorrow morning. Then on to Raja Ampat.

Here are a few shots from yesterday's dives ...

IMG_7190.jpgIMG_7192.jpgIMG_7198.jpgIMG_7221.jpgIMG_7223.jpgIMG_7225.jpgIMG_7236.jpgIMG_7256.jpgIMG_7270.jpg

Great Mandrinfish shots. I have a whole bunch of out of focus, fish butts and partsof fish shots. Nothing that good.

Yesterday's dives were epic ... eight pygmy seahorses, another wonderpus, several mantis shrimp, and tons of other cool critters. At one point I spotted this big yellow blob on a coral and swam down to take a closer look. While I'm hovering above it ... trying to decide whether it was animal, vegetable or mineral ... the dive guide noticed, and he started talking into his reg and making motions for me to take a picture, so I decided it must be something cool. Turns out it's a nudibranch ... about six inches long (by far the largest I've seen on this trip).

There are just so many things here that fall under the scientific name of "I haven't a bloody clue what that thing is".

Today we do one final dive ... on the house reef ... looking for the one thing on my wish list I haven't seen yet ... harlequin shrimp.

Here's some pics from yesterday ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
IMG_7287.jpgIMG_7311.jpgIMG_7329.jpgIMG_7356.jpgIMG_7368.jpgIMG_7372.jpgIMG_7377.jpgIMG_7398.jpgIMG_7403.jpgIMG_7408.jpgIMG_7323.jpgIMG_7325.jpgIMG_7293.jpgIMG_7296.jpgIMG_7306.jpg

Final shots from Lembeh ... this morning we did a long (100 minute) dive on the house reef, where we found the one thing remaining on my "wish list" ... a harlequin shrimp. Ended the dive by spending about 10 minutes with three giant cuttlefish feeding on corals in about 5 feet of water. Surreal dive and great trip ... tomorrow morning we leave for Raja Ampat.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

IMG_7423.jpgIMG_7430.jpgIMG_7488.jpgIMG_7495.jpgIMG_7506.jpgIMG_7431.jpgIMG_7447.jpgIMG_7448.jpg

Bob, great work! Can't wait to try my luck there.

Last edited:
Wow, just WOW!

Bob, the sheer variety of nudibranchs is staggering. That alone would make a good trip. But add in all the rest and it truly is an amazing array of life. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom