Viewing Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve

Wow.....what a DB
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am finding it more frequently that when somebody posts pictures in a thread, others can see it but all I get is the white square with the red X. Any idea why this is? It is not likely my network (I'll never 100% rule it out) because I have had problems with the same thread on 2 different networks and 2 different computers. Am I the only person encountering this?

An example of a thread where this happens is Dr. Bill's thread on his friends wedding.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/socal/253955-tying-knot-down-under-underwater-wedding.html

You forgot to pay El orans his monthly fee have you now.:D

Generally, a red x indicates the site serving the picture does not load it fast enough and the host site reports a timeout and sports the red x. Or, the link is a problem, wrong or missing information.

Most of the time you can just right click on the red x and select Show Picture.

You forgot to pay El orans his monthly fee have you now.:D

I had forgot but when the thugs showed up at my door to beat me with SB stickers I remembered.

Generally, a red x indicates the site serving the picture does not load it fast enough and the host site reports a timeout and sports the red x. Or, the link is a problem, wrong or missing information.

Most of the time you can just right click on the red x and select Show Picture.

I did try this before (and again when I read your post) but still got the immediate (no thought involved) white square with the red X. It has happened to me several times but still only once in a while so I guess I will just do what every Windows user does when they see the Blue Screen....Accept it as normal.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom