videos all red using red filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As it`s all been said...
DON`T use any of those cheap filters out there. You most likely won`t get any good results out of them. I`ve seen some that work but that`s a gamble. Just stay away from them.
DON`T use lights while filming while the filter is on.
BE at appropriate depth for the filter to work it`s magic.
Ya Chris I bought the cheap filters ( 5 different Colors for $25 ) and thought I got a Deal compared to $50 for 1 Filter. I guess Igot what i Paid for... Crap ! Thanks for your Reply

My usual buddy bought one of those cheap Go-Pro red filters. It was way too red. I compared that cheap red filter with my Intova original red filter and the reddish of the cheap Go Pro filter is remarkable.
We used that cheap red filter in his Go Pro and ruined all the videos and photos taken during that dive.
View attachment 386997
emoreira my Video & Pictures looks very much like yours, Hopefully that's the Problem. I'm new using the gopro and wasn't sure if i needed to change any settings while using the Filter. All the settings are factory settings. Thanks for your Comments !

I just posted a question a few days ago about a red filter in another thread. Now I worry about making it worse than just going without the filter. Since it's my first time out with the camera, I might just go without the filter at all.

A red filter only reduces the light going into the camera.

You can always achieve the same result later with post processing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom