Video: Serenity at 200 feet and the Elusive Rat Fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's what I hear but in the Monterey area, they are rare.

I figured. Now that I'm all settled in the Tacoma area and get to dive here several times a week, I couldn't resist rubbing it in a little :wink: I do admire you guys who can go that deep; I'm too old and fat to even think about it.

It's so interesting, how we have so many of the same species up and down the coast, but they vary in how many there are and where you see them. We have TONS of sea pens in the Sound, but we find them quite shallow, and they are puffy and orange. We also have lots of ratfish, but we don't have the blue rockfish you guys have in Monterey. Makes traveling to other West Coast diving destinations great fun!

I don't know why but I can't view the video (or any on the BAUE site) for some reason. I've tried on both of my computers with no luck. Do they not work with IE6 anymore possibly?

I've sent a note to BAUE's webmaster. I couldn't open up the video with IE 6.0 either, though I'd recommend downloading Fire Fox. It's a better, safer windows browser.

I've sent a note to BAUE's webmaster. I couldn't open up the video with IE 6.0 either, though I'd recommend downloading Fire Fox. It's a better, safer windows browser.

That's a bummer because I usually use my work laptop and they wouldn't be too happy if I installed a different browser. :shakehead:

awsome pics!!! 200' whew!
fyi all-
there are a couple white sea pens at breakwater. we saw them coming back from the Metredium (sp?) field. they are on the opposite side of the pipe from the jetty. maybe 35-40' deep and no more than 10' from the pipe. i think i have pics somewhere...

Back
Top Bottom