Video question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just finished editing my very first underwater water video(had a blast doing it) and I'm just looking for a good end shot(unfortunately I didn't get a good stable shot of the boat.

I am using "windows movie maker" for editing and I was wondering if anyone had any good "static titles or "end credits" or any suggestions as to where to find some?

By the way, is there a video forum that I haven't found here yet?
:spaninq:
Thanks,
Jeff

After I have chosen the closing scene or image, I usually do a slow disolve to black.

How about a sunset ?

Where were you diving ? A sign or a recognizable landmark might work.

A fish or animal swimming away into the blue ?

A black background with white or yellow text identifying you, the areas dived, date, etc...

Thanks for the advice Ronrosa.

I finally figured out how to take a still shot and incorporate it in (thankfully I had two steady frames of the boat w/diveshop logo)

So I ended it with the divers getting off the boat followed by about ten seconds of a still frame of the diveshop logo. Van Halen playing in the background (Happy Trails).

Do you know if there is a forum for video here? If not, would you recommend any other websites.

Loving this video stuff, can't wait to get back under and do it again.
:shark:
Jeff

JRO once bubbled...
Do you know if there is a forum for video here? If not, would you recommend any other websites.

I think we need a forum of our own here on SB. However, you can also checkout Digital Diver Website . They seem to be just starting up and there are a few of the SB regulars on there as well. Its not much, but its a start.

Digital Diver has a good video forum but it's not new. They just had their 1 year anniversary with several hundred members. Check it out.

Alright, I checked out the digital diver sight...thanks for the new sight.
So what do we need to do to get a new forum started?
:film:
Jeff

I also visit DigitalDiver.net video forum for my clips. Very informative. I found out about Ulead Video Studio, which I enjoy, compared to Windows Movie Maker.

Can you post a link to your video so we can all view?

Andrea

All kinds of info on digitaldiver. Reading through some of the posts, I realize I have a lot to learn.
Sorry Andrea, I haven't quite figured out how to set the video up as a link. But if you're looking for some beautiful stuff, check out ronrosa's sight (ronrosa.com). It's a great sight.

Thanks again guys and girls,
:drain:
Jeff

Ok Andrea, checked out AllenHost.com and I now have more questions. Do you actually build your own website here? I'm assuming the bandwith differences either relate to speed or type of connection...but as my momma used to say, "When you assume..." well you probably know the rest. Sorry if these questions seem stupid, but this is all new stuff for me.
What's the address for the one you have posted?
:confused:
Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom