Video of the LCU and Beechcraft

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockjock3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Nice, I like the music, too! How many sets of doubles were there in that tiny boat?

Tamas:
Nice, but got some details on that dive/wreck?

What would you like to know?

The info I have is it is an LCU that was sunk as part of the artificial reef program in Hawaii. It sits intact in approx 100fsw, approx 1 mile offshore.

sea nmf:
Nice, I like the music, too! How many sets of doubles were there in that tiny boat?

Just the two sets. Two of us were in singles.

rockjock3:
What would you like to know?

The info I have is it is an LCU that was sunk as part of the artificial reef program in Hawaii. It sits intact in approx 100fsw, approx 1 mile offshore.

anything and everything.....always like to know the location/site that people dive on, especially if it has some sort of historical significance.....PLUS as I look out my window right now, I have white stuff falling......so I wanna enjoy the "cyber-dive" the most I can :D

Tamas:
anything and everything.....always like to know the location/site that people dive on, especially if it has some sort of historical significance.....PLUS as I look out my window right now, I have white stuff falling......so I wanna enjoy the "cyber-dive" the most I can :D

Well, I will try. It is an LCU that was sunk in the mid 80s (I think) off the leeward (west) coast of Oahu. It is approx 1 mile off shore and sits in approx 100 feet of water with most of the wreck in the 80-90 fsw range. It does have a buoy, but dive charters don't come to it. The first time I dove this wreck was from Kayak and when we went to hook the steel ring under the buoy it was totally encrusted with growth. Don't know why they don't dive it as it sits just at .5 miles from another wreck called the Mahi, which sits in about 70-80 fsw. There is quite a bit of fish life on the LCU as well as a couple of resident white spotted eagle rays that I have seen both times I dove there. The wreck itself sits in the middle of a sand field and has a small debris field of concrete blocks and such to the port side (North) of the wreck. It is about 180-200 feet long.

Tamas:
Nice, but got some details on that dive/wreck?
The Dive:
Water Temp 79°
Dive Duration 37min
Max Depth 89fsw
Gas 2 x AL80, EAN32
Start psi 3000psi
End psi 2000psi
Viz 100+ft

The Shipwreck:
Condition Excellent, with dispersed coral head growth
Displacement, Tons 180 light ; 360 full load
Dimensions, feet 119 x 34