Video of my diving in Hawaii last year.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hawaiian spinner dolphins don't hang one place very much, they are constantly on the move. Even the dolphins here in SoCal are constantly in motion and with pretty good speed I might add. So I doubt anyone could make a case that they do or don't tolerate scuba divers.

Dave,

Outstanding video, thanks so much for sharing it with us. Color me jealous for the monk seal sighting! Over 30 years diving here, and I've never been in the water with one!

Oh, and perfect selection for the soundtrack!

Well done, and I hope you can post more great videos in the future for the enjoyment of those of us who are "photographically challenged" :D

Nice job!

[QUOTE BTW- what is the music?[/QUOTE]

It's Keali'i Reichel.

very nice! my favorite part is the eel snuggle! :D

I really enjoyed diving in Kona 2 years ago, but we got skunked by the mantas. I want to go back there again! :D My only complaint about the diving was that it was only 2 dives per day! I prefer doing 3-4 dives and not having to drag gear back and forth.

very nice! my favorite part is the eel snuggle! :D

I really enjoyed diving in Kona 2 years ago, but we got skunked by the mantas. I want to go back there again! :D My only complaint about the diving was that it was only 2 dives per day! I prefer doing 3-4 dives and not having to drag gear back and forth.

Thanks Robin! My wife (and I) were warned about the frequent eel visits and she reacted with only a little shake when the eel snuggled her. Too bad your manta dive got skunked, it was really amazing sight to see.

We had actually booked two manta dives, one early in our trip and one late so if we were skunked by one, chances were we would see them on the second try. We were extremely fortunate that we had mocho manta's on both dives.

The two tank dive is the norm for most operations. However, when we booked dives with Ocean Eco Tours, they able to do three tank dives but we had to convince one other group. It was a nice family where the grandparents were raising their granddaughter. He and I just privately paid a little extra to keep the boat to ourselves and dive to hearts content. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom