Video: Night dive with octopuseseses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi iztok,

I'm using a Flip Ultra HD, lighting is only with our 21w dive lights. The low light performance is marginally acceptable but it does let me capture the dive :)

Great video for that little HD recorder! Which underwater housing unit are you using? The ones I see online say "up to 30 feet"! Is that deep enough for you?

Thanks for the inspiration Kenn,

Did a night dive in 59F water last weekend - I think the octopi love the warm temps - they were everwhere!

Great video for that little HD recorder! Which underwater housing unit are you using? The ones I see online say "up to 30 feet"! Is that deep enough for you?

Hi Ashmai,

I'm using the Ikelite housing for the Flip, along with an Inon 67mm wide angle wetlens adapter. The Ikelite housing is good to 200ft depth, and I've had it to 100ft (where the buttons tend to stick a little bit, they probably need a bit of lube).

Thanks for the inspiration Kenn,

Did a night dive in 59F water last weekend - I think the octopi love the warm temps - they were everwhere!

Seems like the warm temps are also promoting a bit of bacterial bloom too :O Wonder if it's going to get worse before it gets better?

Great video, Kenn! Those guys were CUUUUTE!!! Especially the one that dug himself into the bottom.

Peace,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom