video from BH, Oct 30th, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A couple of weeks ago, Ron and I went to Blue Hole for a couple of dives. He needed to work on his tech skills and I needed to check out my WA lens.

Video:
[vimeo]16897024[/vimeo]

I am very pleased with the results. Picture is crystal clear, even down on the bottom at 70-80' depth with very little light. Vis was very good as we were the only divers in the water.

camcorder: HD Canon Hg-21
housing: Ikelite, added dome port
no lights, just the red filter
WA lens: Raynox HD5050

robin:D

you really need a 7mm with hood and gloves. The water is 62 degrees but in wintertime the air temp may be colder and you will freeze between dives. In summer, the water temp isn't as big an issue, but anytime from Nov-May, expect to strip out of wetsuit as soon as you get out of water and get into warm clothing, drink something warm, etc.

you really need a 7mm with hood and gloves. The water is 62 degrees but in wintertime the air temp may be colder and you will freeze between dives. In summer, the water temp isn't as big an issue, but anytime from Nov-May, expect to strip out of wetsuit as soon as you get out of water and get into warm clothing, drink something warm, etc.

Got it! Thanks.

Good video robin! i really like the view looking up at the tree from the bottom, awsome vis! i cant wait to get down there

Ohh, it all looks SOOO familiar!

Was Venus down there? I was not paying full time attention to the video, but the quality, and the vis looked excellent.

It's nice to have the Hole to yourself, I have only managed that a few times.

Was Venus down there?
Hey Ron!
Dove last Sunday and did not see Venus...... Not sure what become of her, but she wasn't down on the bottom or up at the old golf ball farm area either. :shakehead:

Robin, nice video. That seems to be a nice video setup that you have now. Viz looked great!

I did see venus in robin's vid. About a 3rd of the way thru the video. I have a new statue that I picked up at a sale that will be introduced down there pretty soon. Gotta give the cretin, who is so fond of stealing and moving things around down there, something to do.:grinjester:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom