Video: Friday 2/19 at Point Lobos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Finally, some reprieve from large swells! Noticed that there was going to be a significant lull Thurs/Fri, so Cynthia and I planned to get a dive in before the Saturday uptick.

When we arrived at Whaler's, we saw that the cove was quite still, and a lot of other people had the same idea. Dionna and Andrew were heading out, and Kevin and Carl had just arrived.

Due to the calm conditions, we planned for Beto's Reef, and after a short surface kick we descended into a huge school of blue rockfish. The order of the day was big fish, from rockfish to lingcod to sheephead; and the resident wolf eel at Beto's was home. We even saw a small guitarfish on the way back into the cove. Overall a great day, and I hope it stays nice for all those diving on the weekend!

[youtubehq]-k2TRiMchtU[/youtubehq]

I like the contemplative music. And the shots of the bubbles making their inexorable way to the surface are very cool, too.

I didn't know bunnies could jump UP!

TSandM:
I didn't know bunnies could jump UP!
I didn't know until that video too; that box is a 2-mo supply of hay; we now have to make sure they don't jump
up there and pee in it :eek:

Two questions.. 1) Is the ramp slimy with algae? 2) What happened to Cynthia's primary light?

Thanks Kenn, it's good to see the beauty again :). So glad you and Cynthia caught a nice day out!

Two questions.. 1) Is the ramp slimy with algae? 2) What happened to Cynthia's primary light?

1. It's totally slimy. I took a spill and bent my isolator bar on the way in :/

2. Apparently it's busted, and she's troubleshooting it now. Possibly a burnt lamp or bad ballast. We stayed pretty close together this dive.

Nice Video Kenn... :cool2:

Wish I would have seen the guitar fish. Next time I will just stay right near the ramp, all the good stuff is there!! :crafty:

Dionna

Nice video Kenn, I loved hearing the bubbles with the calm music behind it. You spoil your bunnies, that's quite the pet palace.

1. It's totally slimy. I took a spill and bent my isolator bar on the way in :/

2. Apparently it's busted, and she's troubleshooting it now. Possibly a burnt lamp or bad ballast. We stayed pretty close together this dive.

Dang... so stage bottles and scooters might be a bad idea for tomorrow?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom