Video: Dives from the new Lobos ramp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now if we could just get people to put those #!@%&*#%@ X-stand things under their car instead of leaving them in the middle of the road. :angrymob:

Hear, hear. Techies and pseudo-techies, please stow your tables
while you are diving. This is particularly important when you are
parked in front of the bathrooms. It's a small parking lot. Please
don't waste it, esp. when you are not there using it.

You don't have to disassemble the table. Just keep it out of the way.
And if you are in the spot just south of the handicapped spot,
move it to the rear driver's side. That bit of space at your
passenger's side rear is really helpful when straightening out
the trailer on the ramp.

Chuck

DUI rock boots + cement boat ramp = excellent traction (I was there on Sun and it's just awesome).

Brand new grooved ramp plus Teflon dive boots = excellent
traction. Time will tell how slippery it is when it gets green.

Chuck

Check out the grooves....

8vx6yx.jpg

Check out the grooves....
Looks just like the ramp in Sausalito I was slipping and sliding on Sunday. The shoes I was wearing (Salomon) are excellant for traction on a slippery shop floor, which does say a lot.

I have always gone in with extreme caution on the old ramp, but this was like walking on glue. You could feel your boot stick to the cement on each step. Just incredible and only keeps getting better.

Excellent videos! It's been 9 years since we left Monterey, but Point Lobos is still my all-time favorite dive site. The new ramps looks a LOT less slippery than the old one!

Awesome videos Erik. You inspired me to book Lobos. Was the lobos footage a GoPro?

Hi

Thank you,

Yes this was shot with the gopro hd using the "eye of mine" modified flat port housing. The normal housing's curved lens yields a blurry image.

Erik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom