Video Dive Site Review, Episode One: Electric Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAndDreams

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
This is our current brainchild. There was no scripting, and this is pretty much an experimental "pilot"...so it may seem a little rough. However the idea is that Jay and I will be making these for the majority of the dive sites on the island. We chose E-beach on purpose for our first project (easy, well known etc)

The idea is that there will be an informal dive site video review of a different site every two weeks, to include the deeper and less dove(dived?) sites.

Enjoy.

You can find this video at the future home of all Video Dive Site Reviews (Flash version & wmv, and written report) here: HUE Dive Site Reviews

Direct link to E-beach Video Review wmv version: http://www.scubaanddreams.com/movies/EbeachReview.wmv

If you are interested in ever helping with this kind of stuff give me a hollar....

Mahalo,

Sherman

Great idea - If you don't mind I'm gonna start adding something similar to my dive site reviews. Any chance you want some Maui sites added to your collection?

Aloha, Tim

Have at it :) Maybe I'll just come to MAUI for a week and you show me the cool dive sites, and do the narrating and I can do the editing :)

Any chance of getting a bikini host? And no, putting Jay in a bikini is not a good option.

You must be able to get a few hours bottom time with your doubles... very cool video! Is that the Sony HD camera you bought? what kind of housing did you buy? I look forward to more sites!

Sean

You must be able to get a few hours bottom time with your doubles... very cool video! Is that the Sony HD camera you bought? what kind of housing did you buy? I look forward to more sites!

Sean

Yes it's HD, while I could edit the AVCHD files, my computer would explode..so I end up converting them into MPEG-2...and then render in wmv during which a ton of quality is lost. Guess it's time for a new computer which won't create a small nuclear blast if I try to edit the HD files.

Camera is HDR-SR7, housing is Ikelite. Only reason I went with a mechanical housing is b/c I get access to the touch screen, which means I can use MWB...which I wouldn't be able to do with any of the electronic housings.

At the SAC rate we were running, we could have done approx a 3 hour dive....we ended up doing much less mostly due to getting cold.

Yes, thank goodness I wore my hood. 100 minute dive, only half our air and, but had to get out due to the cold. For some reason the water was really chilly. I was 74 out there and we both were getting chilled.

Back
Top Bottom