Video card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSPDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am putting together a new cpu for my new HD Canon so I can edit HD. This is what I got so far.

Intel I-7 930
Corsair 6 GB memory triple channel
Windows 7 home
Asus P6X58D Premium mother board
850W power.
2- 1TB Seagate Hard Drives at 7200 RPM
An AZZA full size tower with ESATA ports

MY question is what is a good video card for HD editing? I would be willing to spend around $400. I am looking for something that can be used for 2 monitors and have at least DVI if not HDMI. Also must be at aleast 1920X 1080 res.

Thanks

Since you have a latest setup I would go for Geforce GTX 200 or 400 series. As for myself, I have GeForce GTS250 which is excellent for all my 1080p 60fps video editing.

Regards,

I am putting together a new cpu for my new HD Canon so I can edit HD. This is what I got so far.

Intel I-7 930
Corsair 6 GB memory triple channel
Windows 7 home
Asus P6X58D Premium mother board
850W power.
2- 1TB Seagate Hard Drives at 7200 RPM
An AZZA full size tower with ESATA ports

MY question is what is a good video card for HD editing? I would be willing to spend around $400. I am looking for something that can be used for 2 monitors and have at least DVI if not HDMI. Also must be at aleast 1920X 1080 res.

Thanks

It looks as if ATI has the middle and upper end graphics cards pretty much covered
... a Radeon HD5750 1Gb or a slightly higher Radeon HD 5830 1Gb would also be a good choice .. and you could take it all the way to a Radeon HD 5870 for about $430

A good place for recommended equipment for various PC builds , 4 differing uses from budget to top dollar .... Bit-Tech ... bit-tech.net | Guide - PC Hardware Buyer's Guide - April 2010

I trust their recomendations and will be using them for my next PC build

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom