Intova Sport HDII Settings and Video of Statia Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zippsy, the red filter and macro lens for the Intova Sport HD II (SPI) are both 52 mm slip-on style. Your link for the macro lens is correct (model SP1-CUL) and the red filter is model # IFRED SPI. Good luck. Please post your experiences with the camera. Don't forget to remove & replace filter/macro lens once in water to remove trapped air.

Last edited:
Thanks much Selchie & Tony. I'll post what I figure out with settings, etc.

Thought I'd report my limited experience with the Intova macro lens. I was in Roatan the last week of March 2015. I had planned to take some comparison video, with/without macro lens, with/without light, but didn't get a chance. Carrying the macro lens was a challenge, as I've never found it easy to get into my BC pocket. I attached the macro lens to the camera lens for water entry and exit, but when not in use, the macro lens dangled from the tray or I held it between the tray handle and camera to prevent damage to the lens or reef. On the 3rd dive day, the lens fell out :depressed:. Fortunately, as others have stated, Intova customer service was fantastic and once I returned home the lens was quickly replaced with no hassles.

I do think I've found a better solution to carry the macro lens and thought I would share. I purchased an Op/Tech Filter Pouch for 77mm lens filters, it's neoprene and has a plastic hook that can attach to the BC. (LensCoat has one that looks identical). The macro lens slides in and the red filter would fit on the other side if desired. I'll see how it works out next trip. Photos show the macro lens on and in the filter pouch.

A link to the video I did take is attached. The Scorpion Fish and Neon Gobies in the early part of the video were taken using the macro lens and external light.

https://vimeo.com/124129665

IMG_0714.jpgIMG_0715.JPG

Great work! What were you throwing out to the locals? Care to share your settings?

Thanks Tony. Candy, a few pieces per bag.

Settings were mostly the same as post #1 with the following exceptions:
Resolution: I used 720p @60fps this time, there's noticeably less shake (either that or I'm getting better at holding camera still). Providing I'm not viewing on a really big screen, this resolution seems fine.
Red Filter, Macro Lens & external light: I mostly shoot using the red filter, no light. The walls had some really nice light hitting them which is ideal for video/photography.
I used red filter plus external light when going through the cracks (Lita's Hole & Mary's Place).
When using the Macro lens I used a light and no red filter as mentioned in post above (Scorpion Fish & Neon Gobies clips).
CocoView has some very shallow water with coral heads & turtle grass, in these areas (usually less than 10 feet) I had to remove the red filter, but didn't bother to change to underwater mode, no external light (little trunk fish, school of snapper & grunt and Burr Fish clips). Too bad about the air bubble in the eagle ray clip, but there was no time to correct it.
Above Water: I didn't bother to change the settings, no red filter. The parrot & macaw clip was from my iPhone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom