Video: 6/27/2010 Lobos weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's amazing what low viz does to your ability to navigate, isn't it? We had some very poor viz here this spring, and I got lost in sites I would have sworn I could do blindfolded.

It's amazing what low viz does to your ability to navigate, isn't it? We had some very poor viz here this spring, and I got lost in sites I would have sworn I could do blindfolded.

That's exactly what happened. I would swear up and down that I know my way around the sand channel by now, but alas. At least we ended up somewhere familiar! But when we ascended after getting shallow, I saw this huge rock bluff and was again completely baffled as to where we were; turns out we crossed the entire cove and wound up inside Coal Chute! Yeesh.

I can totally relate... Middle reef can look totally different from 50/40/30... I've scootered back from granite pt at 20 and was very concerned since the land marks did not look familiar...

I've always looked at the sand to see if I've gone too far into Coal Chute... seems like there's more of the pebble type bottom there than sand.

Thanks Kenn! Another fun video.

I dove Lovers on Sunday and saw my first "Sea Hare". These are very cool creatures. They are gastopods. Your bunnies have big stomachs and feet.

Do you think they are related to you bunnies?

Did you know that a sea hare switches sexes every other day during at least part of its life cycle?
That's your bit of trivia for today :)

I dove Lovers on Sunday and saw my first "Sea Hare". These are very cool creatures. They are gastopods.

Hahaha, I LOVE sea hares. I know they commonly see humongous ones down in SoCal.

Your bunnies have big stomachs and feet.
Do you think they are related to you bunnies?

Haha, every day I tell them their tummies and feet are too big. One of them just broke 8lb, which means it's diet time again.

Changing sex every other day? No wonder they have orgies . . .

35988_1496962464891_1258998267_1407050_980158_n.jpg

Actually, Sea Hares, like all Opisthobranchs, are hermaphrodites so they possess both male and female sex organs. See this detailed response from the late Sea Slug Forum for more info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom