Video: 6/27/2010 Lobos weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Sunday was a Lobos day with Ted. Lots of visitors were in the park, and not too many divers--pretty much the regular crowd.

We spent a few minutes admiring the Lees' new, completely decked out, customized, loaded, and not-at-all-offputting-or-creepy dive van:

IuGFk.jpg

qwkvA.jpg

The weather machine was seriously on the fritz today, as there was a thick fog cover throughout Carmel (and 90+ degree temperatures in Watsonville back afterwards).

RdG04.png

Well, it seems like the haze fell from the sky into the water; after a short, sunny surface kick, we descended back into a milky white fog, and pretty much got ourselves immediately lost. So much for making it out to the 3 Sisters. Still, we took a bearing and started kicking, and after 20 minutes or so found ourselves at Sea Mount. Wow. So we headed to Beto's Reef instead, and ran into a scooter team on their way back in. It's pretty awesome swimming out there by yourselves, and suddenly seeing a gaggle of bright headlights coming at you!

After a short stint on the deep end, we made our way back to Middle Reef and Coal Chute Cove, where we spent the next two hours checking out various dead jelly parts (so that's what's been feeding the huge schools of blue rockfish) and almost falling onto the largest lingcod I've seen at Lobos. It was so big it just sat there ignoring us for the entire 5 minutes we circled it.

Just goes to show, you don't need great viz to have a great dive :)

[youtubehq]vJfU1x_t9_Q[/youtubehq]

I came home to find that Rodney was the featured bunny on dailybunny.org. So Blueberry gets the spotlight to herself this time.

I always enjoy watching your dives. Thank you for sharing your video.

The scooters look like so much fun and that DID look like a human brain. :shocked2:

OK, the second van picture is teh awesome! Cool video too.

Think the brain blobs are dead Purple Striped Jellies. Gives me hope of seeing a live one soon. It's been years since I saw a healthy, fully intact one. Lovely photo subjects. (when not deceased).

Clinton

I always enjoy watching your dives. Thank you for sharing your video.

The scooters look like so much fun and that DID look like a human brain. :shocked2:

Thanks Sam! I was secretly hoping Ted would bring his scooter and tow me out to the dive site, but he insisted on being much tougher than I would have been had I owned one :)

Dude you need to tie that bunny with set of 0.75cf doubles :), LObos had a such of a nice weather yesterday.

(Huh, where did my post go??)

Andrew, it was great meeting you, and it sounds like you had some great dives yesterday as well! Any highlights?

Thanks Kristina! I've had the scooter flyby happen maybe half a dozen times before, but this was one of the first when I actually fast enough to pull out the camera and start shooting. Those guys are gone in a flash!

We seen a bunch of kelp, bunch and snails marked RHL :)
Not sure what this world is coming too, but we could not get scooter taxi!
net net that was nice 2 hours spent as always :)

Another fantastic video!

2 hours 21 minutes? You're not slacking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom