Video: 5/17/09 Coal Chute Caverns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A flat day at Lobos today. A bunch of minor equipment issues had us amend more aggressive plans in favor of cove-hopping. We kicked out to Middle Reef and headed east to Coal Chute Cove; we searched for and found the caverns, and after playing cave diver for a while, we headed back to the east side of Middle Reef and cut back through to the sand channel. 30-35ft viz, 48 degrees, blue blue water, and beautiful, healthy kelp canopies.

[c][/c]

YouTube - Coal Chute Caverns Dive

Another great video Kenn...thanks for sharing!

As always, nice video.

We were at Lobos too! But somehow missed you guys.

Fun video -- I wish the swell and wind had allowed us to head over that way (but I can't complain about what we did see!)

One question -- "Andrew" isn't AG, is it? My first reaction, within seconds of starting the video, was that somebody on it had a demonstration quality frog kick . . .

Thanks all.

Michelle - when was the last time we dove? We should set something up for Lobos :)

Don - we saw your car, and I'm pretty sure we got a glimpse of your doubles as you were heading out of the cove. Hope you had a good dive, we spoke with Dan who headed out (way) further than we did and he said a haze had come in after the spectacular viz from Saturday (didn't bother us one bit, though).

Delightful video. I definitely picked the wrong weekend to not be diving. Here's hoping the good conditions hold out until next weekend though. Thanks for sharing!

One question -- "Andrew" isn't AG, is it?

Nah, Andrew Y. is a old friend of mine, one of the guys who actually inspired me to start diving. If it was AG, my hands would be shaking too hard to hold the camera and I'd constantly be checking to make sure my OPV was still there!

My first reaction, within seconds of starting the video, was that somebody on it had a demonstration quality frog kick . . .

Whoa, you just made Steve's day :) http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/members/astrofunk.html

I think there's nothing left for him to do but retire now! Mission Accomplished.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom