Video: 10/17/2009 Escapade Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chuck how far away are the other anchors? I've never really given the site much thought as it was always a "fall back" site in case you could not get to Carmel...

Thanks for posting the video, although the vis wasn't great it looked like you all had a good day. What kind of depths were you diving at? And also what was the camera and housing you used to film the day?

Thanks

Thanks divingguru. The viz does get significantly better out here, but what we saw on Saturday wasn't too bad.

Both dives were around 80ft depth. My camera is an old Sony DSC-T30 compact P&S digicam in an OEM housing. I think I'm going for a modest upgrade soon to get a wider field of view and better low-light performance.

I think I'm going for a modest upgrade soon to get a wider field of view and better low-light performance.

Another great video Kenn! Thanks for sharing.
I can't wait to see your videos with your new camera too!

Doh, looks like I prematurely let the rabbit out of the bag. I'm going with a Flip Ultra HD with Ikelite housing and wide angle wet lens attachment. Hopefully it'll only be a tad larger than my current setup, but should have significantly better low-light performance. Still not going to with video lights for now, as I have no idea how to deal with big crab-leg-like attachments without getting horribly entangled or breaking something :)

It'll be a few weeks until I get the kit together, hopefully by then the visibility will improve for some nice footage!

Doh, looks like I prematurely let the rabbit out of the bag. I'm going with a Flip Ultra HD with Ikelite housing and wide angle wet lens attachment. Hopefully it'll only be a tad larger than my current setup, but should have significantly better low-light performance. Still not going to with video lights for now, as I have no idea how to deal with big crab-leg-like attachments without getting horribly entangled or breaking something :)

It'll be a few weeks until I get the kit together, hopefully by then the visibility will improve for some nice footage!

Nice. Been looking at the same set-up. But for filming classes :wink:

I have some old Nocturnal Lights SL-50s that you can have. Don't know if they are worth salvaging, as batteries are most certainly shot. With a diffuser, could be nice video lights.

Whoa, thanks Don, that's very generous of you! That'd be an extremely fun project that I'd love to take on (especially after my homemade-can-light-battery project got skunked due to availability of an ideal pre-built pack) :)

Here's a few surface stills from the dive :)

For the birthday girl
0055.jpg

I chose Lilo and Stitch... :p
0046.jpg

And of course Bob gets....
0037.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom