Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Visibility at the sites in the central island continues to be good to very good. Dove at Dolphin on Sunday, and it was the best vis I have ever had at that site - a good 60 feet. Never had to look at my compass once !!

Divegoose

Recent high winds / waves have stirred things up a bit. We dove at Oak Point on Saturday and vis was about 20 feet.

Divegoose

20 - 30 feet of visibility at Wall Beach this morning.

Best part of the dive - no sea lions !!

Divegoose

A good 50 feet of visibility at Madrona Point this morning. Never had to look at my compass !! Some sea lions in the area but they didn't pay much attention to us.

Divegoose

Conditions in the central island are starting to deteriorate a bit. Dove both Cottam Point and Tyee Cove this week, and the upper layers (above 30 feet) are starting to get a bit soupy. Should we get a few warm days in a row, I can see vis dropping right off to almost nothing as is normal for this time of year.

Glad I dove a lot over the winter time when vis was good to excellent !!

Divegoose

5 - 10 feet of visibility at Oak Point this morning. Lots of particulate in the water. Needed our dive lights to keep track of each other...

Divegoose

Very poor conditions in the central island right now. Vis at Madrona this morning was measured in inches and not feet - so bad we aborted the dive 2 minutes in.

Reports from other divers - Oak Point had about 3 feet of visibility, and Tyee had about 5 feet of visibility.

Divegoose

Visibility has finally cleared up in the central island. Dove at Madrona Point yesterday (Apr 25th) and we had at least 75 feet on the big wall. :thumb: Dove at Oak Point on Thursday and a good 50 feet of visibility throughout the whole dive. :thumb: Other local sites are reporting the same excellent vis conditions !!

Divegoose

Back
Top Bottom