Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeanQ:
Anyone been out this week?
Don't know about Victoria but this latest monsoon season has made the top 20ft pure mud in Nanaimo. Vis pretty good below that though.

Willis was great the last couple days, unlimited vis, lots of octos.

This weekend is supposed to be sunny. Anyone want to dive Willis in the afternoon?

SeanQ:
This weekend is supposed to be sunny. Anyone want to dive Willis in the afternoon?

Think I am out there on Sat. morning... Then looking at apartments in the afternoon... I hate finding somewhere to move too...

ß

Was at Henderson on Sat (Nov 11) For a couple of dives... The first 20 or so were as expected pretty bad because of all this rain... Under that 30 though it opened up to over 30ft. Did a couple of dives, first one off the the right which was pretty baron thanks to me! Missed my vis. cues 'nuf said. Second dive off the left, the octopus just off the dock was no where to be found so we basically just browsed around other places...

Just packed my gear to head towards Ogden now... Gonna go for a fun dive...

Enjoy

SeanQ:
Have a good one.

Water was pretty calm tonight... There is so much drift on the beach and steps that someone needs to get out there and Bruno Gerussi them logs! Hiked out to the fourth flag and dove to the end of the break and back... When we hit surface the conditions were pretty nasty... Rode the surf almost to the top blocks and even then had the spray lashing us... Vis was maybe 20ft and the amount of life out was great... All in all a good dive.

I went to Willis Pt. with Hyperlimits and Subcookie this afternoon. Vis was around 20-40 feet I'm guessing after you got below the thin surface layer. I added a few photos from the dive to the bottom of the relevant page on my site:http://victoriadiving.awardspace.com/willispt.html
I'm still experimenting with the new-to-me lens on my old Nikonos so not many turned out.

Vis was about 15 feet at Enterprise Channel today. One of the battery contacts in my video light came loose so that didn't work. -No photos or video (I was forced to live a meaningless existence for 45 minutes or so). I did see some macrocystis "giant kelp" which was a first for me.

Some people dive without a camera. Welcome to sightseeing:D

Back
Top Bottom