Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have done close to 100 dives with the Swankter and I can't recall him diving without a camera or two. By the way Merry Xmas (better later than never) Mark and Dave.

Cheers

Al

I'd GUESS vis was around 40 feet max at Christmas Point in Saanich Inlet today (in the fresh water layer near the surface it was much less). I brought down a couple of cameras, but since everywhere is bloody well closed today (New year's) I have to wait untill tomorrow to see the results.

It's pretty strange in the inlet these days since there has been so much rain and runoff (the reservoir is overflowing since Dec 14th).

The top 6-8' is pretty much zero vis and the optics are really weird where the fw layer and sw layer are mixing. Once you get below that layer the vis is "normal".

Last night at Setchell I could not see my own fins when taking them off to get out of the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom