Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nasty visibility at Willis Pt. today. It was one of those days where you want to say visibility in the shallows was measured in inches, but realistically, when I held my hand out I could see it plus maybe an extra foot so it was probably about 4'. There wasn't a noticeable layer, but visibility slowly improved with depth. By 50' deep, visibility was 10'. Down on the wall below 80' deep, visibility was maybe 30'. Despite it being in the middle of a sunny day, it was too dark to see where I was going without a light.

Oak Point was good yesterday, once we got below about 20 feet. Estimate 30 - 40 feet of vis at depth. Wind and waves had really stirred up the shallows, making an almost zero visibility exit.

Divegoose

Pretty bad visibility at Henderson Point today. It was similar to Willis Point a couple of days ago. In the shallows, it was around 8' (I could see the end of my fins plus a foot or two). By 50' deep, visibility was 10-15' and below 60' deep, it cleared nicely to maybe 40' visibility. Of course with the reduced light it was kind of gloomy.

Very good vis on the big wall at Madrona Point this morning. Estimate 50 feet of vis. Was at Oak Point a couple of days ago, and vis was good on the point itself. Stirred up somewhat in the shallows due to wind and waves.

Divegoose

About 20 feet of visibility at Wall Beach yesterday morning. Currents were kind of funky, changing direction 2 or 3 times. Heard that madrona was the sme.

Divegoose

Visibility was kind of bad at high tide at McKenzie Bight this afternoon. It was a green, particle-filled 8' or so in the shallows. Below 60' deep, visibility was an ok 20-30', but it was very dark. My max depth was around 125' deep and there were still lots of small floating particles down there too. At the end of the dive visibility in the shallows seemed to have improved to maybe 10-15' with the falling tide.

Back
Top Bottom