vets night dive Wed or Thur?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'll be there. look for an old blue bmw.

billy, forget the camera today. go today AND tomorrow :)

Disney I wish I could but I'm trying to get it ready for an u/w shoot I've got this weekend. I think I might start my own comic book based on a superhero cut from my cloth. I'll call it "The Procrastinator!" flaking out on dives world wide!

Billy

Well it looks like I'm going to have to go out tomorrow night instead, damn camera housing customizations!

Billy

Bummer :depressed: I'm still trying to get out on the 14th, haven't been able to confirm it yet, hope to see you then.

lol mr procrastinator. i too have yet to check my sched for the 14th, maybe i can be sidekick

Bummer :depressed: I'm still trying to get out on the 14th, haven't been able to confirm it yet, hope to see you then.

lol mr procrastinator. i too have yet to check my sched for the 14th, maybe i can be sidekick

I really hope both of you can make it, I'll have a new hi-res LED monitor and lighting system for my u/w video rig to show off. Ohh yeah and it would also be great to hang out and dive :dork2:

Billy

vis was bad. i saw someone i met last week who came up before we went in and they told me not to bother with my camera and it was a good thing i didn't. it got better as we went down the canyon, but not by much.

some idiot forgot to charge his canister light. the battery was plugged into the charger, but the charger wasn't turned on. oh wait, that was me. thanks to diverrex and clammy for lending me their backup lights.

vis was bad. i saw someone i met last week who came up before we went in and they told me not to bother with my camera and it was a good thing i didn't. it got better as we went down the canyon, but not by much.

some idiot forgot to charge his canister light. the battery was plugged into the charger, but the charger wasn't turned on. oh wait, that was me. thanks to diverrex and clammy for lending me their backup lights.

Thanks for the report Disney, what was your max depth? Last Wednesday it was murky down to about 30fsw, at about 80fsw we had a good 20ft of vis.

Billy

mine was 77ft

It was a good dive, we missed you Billy. Jaime where were you? We missed you too.

Viz wasn't good, but wasn't too bad either, maybe 15 feet. It got a little cold down in the canyon after about 40 minutes but warmed up as we got shallower coming back in. A little bit of surf but no one had any problems getting in or out, and no lost gear, always a good thing for a beach dive. I didn't take my camera which was just as well since there was lots of particulate in the water.

Saw an octopus who swam a little for us, 4 or 5 squid, lots of squid eggs, 3 Spanish shawl, various other little fish and bunchs of crabs and shrimps with pretty blue tipped tails.

Thanks Disney, Neil, Bryan and Brian for showing up. Let's do it again sometime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom