Very light leak-time for service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smellzlikefish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I bought a DSLR housing (for Canon T1i) last July and have used it on a nearly daily basis since. I inspect and maintain the main o-ring and the port o-ring before every use, but lately I've been noticing a few drops of saltwater inside the housing. I suspect it may be coming from some of the controls. Is there some kind of maintenance I can do to the levers and buttons or do I have to send the housing in for repair? Is there maybe somewhere on Oahu I can just drop it off for service?

smellzlikefish,

We would recommend against diving with the housing until the leak has been evaluated and repaired.

Please send the housing to the Ikelite Service Dept. for evaluation and overhaul. If there is nothing wrong with the housing, cost is $125.00 plus shipping. Completion time is approximately 2 weeks.

Ship to:

Ikelite Underwater Systems
Attention Service Dept.
50 West 33rd St.,
Indpls., IN 46208

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom